OVERCOMING BUSINESS STRESS
It’s the way our mind and body react to any new, threatening or exciting situation.
Stress is the reaction of people to excessive pressure/demand which they cannot cope up.
HOW OUR BODY RESPOND TO STRESS
- ESOPHAGUS: When you are stressed, you may eat much more or less than you usually do which cause acid reflux or heartburn.
- STOMACH: When you are stressed, your brain becomes more alert to sensations in your stomach and your stomach can” react” it can lead to ucher
- INTESTINE: Stress can affect digestion which can lead to constipation.
- MUSCULAR SYSTEM: When the body is stressed, all the muscles become tensed and lead to headache and migraine.
- RESPIRATORY SYSTEM: Stress can make you breath harder and faster.
- CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM: Stress that is momentary such as meeting deadline, being stuck in traffic can cause an increase in the heart rate and stronger contractions of the heart muscle, with the stress hormones.
- MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM: Stress causes the body to release the hormone cortisol. Excess amounts of cortisol can affect the normal biochemical functioning of the male reproductive system. It can cause erectile dysfunction or impotence.
- FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM: Menstruation disorder. chronic stress can cause a missed period, irregular cycle, painful periods etc.
EXAMPLES OF STRESSORS
- Financial concern
- Elder care stress
- Family issues
- Past decision
- Unhappy job
- Heavy workload
- Work long hours
- Poor management
- Work environment
- Replaying a stressful situation in your mind
- Death Of A Spouse
- Marital Separation
- Death Of A Close Relative
- Personal Injury Or Illness
- Fired From A Job
- Marital Reconciliation
- Illness Of A Relative
- Sexual Problems
- Birth Or Adoption
- Business Readjustment
20 WAYS TO MANAGE STRESS
- Exercising regularly
- Eating A Healthy And Balanced Diet(Fruits , Vegetable seat balanced food, whole gram, nuts, low in fat).
- Sleep at least for minimum 6 hours/day and wake up fresh
- Manage your time well.
By Segun Ojarotade. 08033542772