Facility Management (FM) is the effective and sustainable integration of people, property and process, enabled by relevant technology within the built environment. It crosses all service industry sectors including: Residential, Commercial (Offices), Education, Healthcare, Hospitals and Restaurants), Retail, Manufacturing, Townships, IT parks, Data Centers, Airports/Airlines, Churches, Mosques and even outer space. The efficiency and effectiveness of organization to deliver core objectives required best practices that will integrate all involved in productive activities. But the reality is that in many situation, the core function suffers as a result of the support which facilities provide, due to poor skills in facility management.
By successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Carry out good facility maintenance;
- apply procurement principle in facility management;
- troubleshoot basic issues in facility management;
- apply techniques of facility management;
- use best practices in facility management;
- manage facility project;
- explain environmental health and safety issues; and
- conduct good facility maintenance.
- Facility Operations Management and strategy
- Facility Maintenance Management
- Facility Management Competencies and opportunities
- Facility Manager Roles
- Facility Costing and Documentation
- Effective Project Management
- Contracts and Procurements
- Health and Safety Issues
- Best Practices in Facility Management
- The Role of Ethics and Values in Facility Manage
- Finance and Business Management
Delivery methods shall be with Lecture, exercises, case studies, hands-on syndicate sessions, discussion and brainstorming methods, and role-play. Audio visual aids will be used to facilitate learning.
- Individuals who are transitioning into this field.
- Entry level Facility professionals
- Project Manager
- Facility Manager
- Project support staff
- Admin officers