A healthy workforce has more capacity to plan, think creatively, work hard, achieve targets, upgrade standards and achieve excellence. Industries targets, outputs, and customer base expansion are becoming unusually complex as a result of competition and the need to increase production rate and efficiency. This makes workplace disaster, industrial processes, exposure to chemicals, field work, operations of machines, seating conditions, slippery floors, lighting conditions and several unsafe conditions and production losses inevitable at every production and expansion phase. Amidst these, health, safety and environment management are highly essential. Our occupational HSE 1-3 programme is aimed at providing applicable managerial knowledge and practical methodology in all HSE areas. The course is facilitated by doyens in HSE and assessed by professionals.
By successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- manage occupational hazards in the workplace;
- maintain occupational health and safety in the workplace;
- discuss the causes of occupational hazards;
- troubleshoot occupational hazards;
- demonstrate fire safety control measure;
- use fire extinguisher;
- analyse PPE to use for safety; and
- assess confined space without injury.
- Overview of Occupational safety and
- HSE Policies Rules and Regulations.
- Incident Investigation and Reporting.
- Causes of Occupational Hazards
- Cost and Benefit of Maintaining OSH.
- Hazard Risk Analysis and Assessment.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Fire Safety Management.
- Confined Space Safety Management.
- Contingency/Emergency Management and Response.
- First Aid and CPR.
- Workplace Safety, Management and
- Implementing Work-Life Balance in the Workplace.
- Accident Management.
- Safety Signs and Symbols; and
Who To Attend?
- Individuals who are transitioning into this field
- Entry level HSE professionals
- Early to mid-career HSE professionals
- HSE professionals seeking enhanced knowledge and skills
- Engineers, Laboratory Scientists,
- Health and Safety Workers,
- Health and Safety Regulators.
- Associated corporate providers of HSE products and services
- Delivery methods shall be with Lecture, exercises, case studies, hands-on syndicate sessions, discussion and brainstorming methods, and role-play. Audio visual aids will be used to facilitate learning.